Good Bye Mascara…Hello Lash Extensions
Though eyelash extensions are easy to maintain, the first twenty-four hours are most important to ensure a strong bond. You should keep your lashes dry and avoid touching them with fingers, makeup and stay away from hot ovens and other heat or steam sources.
After twenty-four hours, care is fairly straight forward: avoid oil bases products, cleanse your lashes regularly to avoid bacteria build up on your lash line. At Skin Body & Beyond we offer lash extension cleanser specifically formulated to cleanse the lash without interacting with the lash and extension bond that is recommended to all of our lash clients.
Our Lash cleanser is formulated to safely cleanse the lash extension without causing damage to the lashes or the bond.
At the end of your lash appointment you will receive two flocked applicators and a new mascara wand to gently brush your new lash extensions from top to bottom each day and cleanse with the flocked applicators.
To maintain your new look and extend the life of your lashes, we suggest these guidelines
- Be gentle to your lashes; do not pull on the extensions or rub the eyes excessively.
- Groom your lashes as needed with a clean mascara wand, preferably when wet.
- For the first 48-hours after application the lashes should not be exposed to water or steam to allow the adhesive time to fully bond. We recommend avoiding swimming, hot tubs or saunas for 48 hours after lash application for best results.
- Avoid the use of oil-based products on or around the eyelashes and do not use waterproof mascara. Water-based mascara and water-based mascara remover may be used if desired. Apply mascara sparingly and remove it gently with a water-based eye makeup remover.
- Inform your aesthetics technician know about your Eyelash Extensions and use caution when using steam, hot towels, acid/peels, laser or hydroxyl treatments.
- Use powdered, liquid or gel eyeliners. Pencils (unless specially formulated for Eyelash Extensions) tend to leave an oily residue which could loosen the bond.
- It is recommended to apply Protective Coating once or twice per week on your new lashes to preserve the look and to extend the life of your eyelash extensions. Brush on from the base up to the tips. This coating also give the lashes a wonderful shine!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am finding lashes on my pillows in the morning, is this normal?
A: Yes this is a regular daily occurrence of Eyelash and Hair Growth
Hair growth is a preset function of the body. Every hair on your body follows a specific growth cycle and will grow to a specific length. Hair follows a three-phase growth cycle and eventually falls out, which is typically nothing to worry about. In fact, body hair, including eyelashes, completely replaces itself every few years.
Anagen (Growth) Phase
The anagen phase is also called the growth phase. This is the phase when lashes are actively growing, and it lasts between 30 and 45 days. Only about 40 percent of the upper lashes and 15 percent of the lower lashes are in the anagen phase at any one time. Each lash will grow to a specific length and then stop.
Catagen (Transition) Phase
The catagen phase is also known as the transition phase. During this phase, the lash stops growing and the hair follicle shrinks. If an eyelash falls out or is plucked out during this phase, it won’t grow back right away because the follicle needs to complete the catagen phase before it can move on to the next one. This phase lasts between two and three weeks.
Telogen (Resting) Phase
The telogen phase is also referred to as the resting phase. This phase can last more than 100 days before the eyelash falls out and a new one begins to grow. Because each individual lash is in its own phase of the growing cycle, it’s normal for a few lashes to fall out most days. It typically takes between four and eight weeks to fully replace an eyelash.
Q: Can I swim , shower or use the hot tub or sauna while wearing my Lash extensions?
A: Yes! Absolutely, the lashes should last you for your regular lash growth cycle as long as you follow the 48 hour after care instructions and care for your new lashes as instructed.
Q: Can I wear mascara?
A: Most Clients enjoy not spending excess time applying mascara but if you really feel you need a little mascara then go ahead, but lightly apply to the tips, stay away from the bond area and use a WATER BASED only mascara. Do NOT USE OIL Based or water proof mascara as this cause the bond between the natural lash and the extension to dissolve.
Classic Lash Pricing
$80.00 for a full set of Classic Eye Lash Extensions, initial application will take approximately two hours
$45.00 for a fill in (at two weeks), will take approximately one hour.